Re: MPLS patches

On Thu, Jan 03, 2008 at 05:53:54PM +0200, Mihai Chelaru wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've uploaded at ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/kefren/mpls/
> patches for -current (of about one week ago) I use in order to get MPLS
> working(kernel and LDP daemon). I'd like to commit that sooner better
> than later :)

Why is there MPLS code in ip_output.c?  I don't think that it belongs.
IP input/output routines are complicated enough as it is.  ISTM, MPLS
should look to IP like any other link-layer.

Is it strictly necessary to wrap the #includes in an #ifdef like this?

+#ifdef MPLS
+#include <netmpls/mpls.h>
+#include <netmpls/mpls_var.h>
+#endif /* MPLS */

Also, in ip_output.c, is this really right?

- * Copyright (C) 1995, 1996, 1997, and 1998 WIDE Project.
+ * Copyright (C) 1995 - 2001 AYAME Project, WIDE Project.

It is not very desirable for MPLS to disable fast-forwarding.  Why is
it necessary?

-#if defined(IPSEC)
-       /* ipflow (IP fast forwarding) is not compatible with IPsec. */
+#if defined(IPSEC) || defined(MPLS)
+       /* ipflow (IP fast forwarding) is not compatible with IPsec nor MPLS. */
        m->m_flags &= ~M_CANFASTFWD;
 #else

Dave

dyoung%ojctech.com@localhost      Urbana, IL * (217) 278-3933 ext 24