Re: What is the state of TCP offload support in the kernel?

On Jan 2, 2008, at 10:29 AM, patrick%klos.com@localhost wrote:

What is the current state of TCP offload support in the NetBSD kernel? I don't mean TCP checksumming or LSO, but actually allowing the adapter to
manage the entire TCP connection?

I'm currently porting the driver for a TOE card to NetBSD (from FreeBSD), and I know the manufacturer wants TOE support in NetBSD as well, but I couldn't find any refernece in the code. Sorry if I didn't find any obvious info
searching the tech-net archives.

Thanks,

That's because there is no support. The problem is a lot of TCP/IP/ UDP state is global. If it was per-interface, this would be a lot less of an issue.
But there still needs to be some interaction with the kernel.