Subject: Re: release process and fil.c bug
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.cuni.cz>
List: tech-net
Date: 10/11/2004 09:44:52
On Mon, 11 Oct 2004 06:50:07 +0000, Martin Husemann wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 10, 2004 at 12:20:22PM -0400, Miles Nordin wrote:
>> As part of the release process I should point out I've been using this
>> patch Pavel sent me on 2.0_BETA.  It's not pulled up yet, and without
>> it my IPv6-routing box crashes within a day.
>
> (Side note: I'm also running with the patch Darren suggested in that PR)
>
> Unfortunately the last patch supposed to fix the problems introduced by the
> earlier patch is only 3 days old now and not even has been commited to

True. I'm sorry for providing the patch so late, it has been in my head
for some time, but I thought that the problems with the Darren's earlier
patch will be solved quickly and at the end of September, I had no time :-(

> current. No chance this could be in 2.0 at this point in time - though
> it gets my vote to delay 2.0 even for another week.

There are some bugs in the 2.0 status report:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-announce/2004/07/26/0000.html that are
not yet fixed. Does this mean that they won't delay 2.0?

Bye	Pavel