Re: Perceivable time differences [was Re: PSA: Clock drift and pkgin]

On Sun, Dec 31, 2023 at 02:54:50AM +0100, Johnny Billquist wrote:
 > Ok. I oversimplified.
 >
 > If I remember right, the point was that something sub 200ms is perceived by
 > the brain as being "instananeous" response. It don't mean that one cannot
 > discern shorter times, just that from an action-reaction point of view,
 > anything below 200ms is "good enough".

The usual figure cited is 100 ms, not 200, but yeah.

it is instructive to look at the stopwatch function on a digital
watch; you can easily see the tenths counting but not the 100ths.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost