Re: panic options

>> There is a call to panic() if the kernel detects that there is no
>> console device found, I would like to make this call to it just
>> reboot without dropping into ddb.

> Well.  Not completely what you ask for, but...

> sysctl -w ddb.onpanic=0 (or even -1)

Well, notice that the original post writes of panicking if "there is no
console device found", which sounds to me like something that happens
during boot, much earlier than /etc/sysctl.conf can affect.

I'd say, rather, DDB_ONPANIC=0 in the kernel config and then
ddb.onpanic=1 during boot.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign