Re: panic options

On 2023-09-12 23:55, Robert Swindells wrote:

Is there any way to get panic(9) to behave differently in some places
than others?

There is a call to panic() if the kernel detects that there is no
console device found, I would like to make this call to it just reboot
without dropping into ddb.

The amdgpu driver fails to initialize about 9 times in 10 for me so
would like to reduce the amount of typing needed.

Well. Not completely what you ask for, but...

sysctl -w ddb.onpanic=0 (or even -1)

You could place that in /etc/sysctl.conf as well. See sysctl(7) for some more details.

  Johnny