Re: Testing Emulation Syscalls

On Tue, Aug 01, 2023 at 11:48:21AM -0400, Theodore Preduta wrote:
> I don't think so.  If the binary starts under Linux emulation then the
> kernel will expect that the syscall arguments follow Linux's calling
> convention.  (Which I guess could be done, but, correct me if I'm wrong,
> are we not a native Linux binary at that point?)

Yes we are. But the question is if we can create (tiny) test binaries
just for this purpose, without Linux dev tools and libs around,
from within a standard build.sh run.

If we can, this would be a simple solution - but I bet it is not trivial
(at least for the first few examples).

Also this should scale to other emulations (theoretically).

Martin