Finding the slot in the ioconf table a module attaches to?

	hello.  Following up on my module question of last night, I now have the module loading
and unloading successfully.  However, when I try to open the devices I've associated with the
module, I get a device not configured error.

Under NetBSD-5, Major number 196 was available, and the open worked.
Under NetBSD-9.99.77, major #196 is taken, so I've elected to use major #222 instead.

	Under both copies of the module source code (Working netBSD-5 and work-in-progress NetBSD-9),
 I have something that looks like:

dev_type_open(ztopen);
const struct cdevsw zaptel_cdevsw = {
	ztopen, noclose, noread, nowrite, noioctl, nostop, notty,
	nopoll, nommap, nokqfilter, nodiscard, 0
};

But I dont see how this gets associated with the device table in either version.

Since I don't see any errors, I'm assuming it's getting attached to the cdevs table, but,
somehow, it's not using the major number I think it is.  I believe, but am not sure, that under
NetBSD-5, it's just using the next available major number, which happens to be 196.  Obviously,
that's different than under NetBSD-9.x.  So my question is,
is there a way to examine the cdevs table on a running system and figure out which major number
it's choosing?  There doesn't appear to be a way to hard code the major number, but I could be
missing that since we didn't do that on the older version.
-thanks
-Brian