mfii0: cmd timeout

This is NOT kern/55192.

So I thought I had mastered my PERC H330; set up two virtual volumes
containing a one-disc RAID 0, set up GPTs, EFI boot volumes, built a
RAIDframe RAID 1, disklabeled that, newfs'd the partitions, only
remaining step being unpacking the sets (and a few config files).

Unfortunately, the machine hangs unpacking the sets, uttering
	mfii0: cmd timeout ...
and stalls.

This is NOT kern/55192. It happens both with 8.2_STABLE with the patch
from mfii.c 1.16 applied and -current.

The strange thing is that dd'ing to the raw partition seems to work
and initializing the RAID parity also worked. But unpacking any sets
stalls sooner or later.

Any idea how to debug this?

I looked at OpenBSD's (where mfii(4) was ported from) CVS and couldn't
find any changes that look related.
I looked at FreeBSD, but they mave mrsas(4), which seems to be an
entirely different beast provided by AVAGO/LSI.
Any idea why OpenBSD wrote a new driver? Any chance to port mrsas(4)
from FreeBSD?