Re: Lock of NetBSD-current with ifconfig down / up

> I've ordered some PS/2 keyboards, because I take it that's the only
> way to reliably get in to the kernel debugger on amd64, unless
> someone knows a trick to make USB keyboards usable.

This is true - to the extent it _is_ true - only if you insist on video
console.  I find a break condition on serial console works well too.

But I think that used to, and may still, depend on having a real serial
port, which I gather recent machines may not, even if they have the
connector for it.  (I've heard it said they tend to have a
USB-to-serial chip on an internal USB hub, though I have very limited
experience with machines that recent.)

As for USB keyboards, if you tell the BIOS to fake a real keyboard and
then arrange for the OS to ignore the keyboard's USB existence, you may
find yourself with a USB-hardware keyboard that looks like a PS/2
keyboard to the OS.  But this may require disabling all OS knowledge of
USB or something comparably drastic, which may or may not be an option
for your use case.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign