Re: Request for implementation of KERN_PROC_SIGTRAMP sysctl

> On Oct 18, 2021, at 9:41 AM, John Marino (NetBSD) <netbsd%marino.st@localhost> wrote:
>
> yes, it sounds like a __in_signal_trampoline function would work for
> the GCC unwind, and I would think it would work for GDB as well.

Maybe I missed the GDB use case ... what is it that GDB needs to be able to do here?  This hypothetical function would only be able to query "self", not another process, so if GDB needs to be able to do the check for another process (the debug target, presumably), then it will need to use something else (can't it use the CFI notations to do the unwind?)

(Not all of the trampolines are correctly notated, but that's not a particularly tough problem to solve, either...)

-- thorpej