Re: Introduction to posix_spawn/chdir

On Mon, Jun 14, 2021 at 6:17 PM Piyush Sachdeva
<piyushsachdeva245%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

> >Progress Update 1 (Week 2)-
> >Contrary to the timeline provided, I started working within the user-land.
> >(src/lib/libc/gen/posix_spawn_fileactions.c, src/include/spawn.h,
> >src/sys/sys/spawn.h
> >The modifications made to the files can be found at:
> >https://github.com/cosmologistPiyush/posix_spawn-chdir
> >

> >As most of the work in the user-land is done,
> >it is my goal to work in the kernel-space for the next three weeks.

Progress Update 2 (Week 3)
Close to the end of Week 3, I would like to update that
I have completed the code modifications that were required in the kernel space.
src/sys/kern/kern_exec.c , src/sys/kern/vfs_syscalls.c ,
src/sys/sys/vfs_syscalls.h

In the matter of organising my repository (pointed out by Christos Zoulas),
I have mirrored The NetBSD source in my github repository as a separate branch.
However, I am using a main branch as a staging area for the TNF mirror,
and will make commits to it once I can build the kernel and pass initial tests.
I hope this is alright.
https://github.com/cosmologistPiyush/posix_spawn-chdir

My plan for the coming weeks is to go through the atf(7) and mdoc(7) man pages,
in order to write test cases and document the work.

Regards,
Piyush