Re: [FOUND] kernel 8.2 and 9.1 crashes

Hello,

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 08:42:03AM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 07:35:24AM +0100, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> > I tried to recompile a kernel, with 8.2 and with 9.1 and both
> > crash, 9.1 with:
> >
> > unable to execute instruction 0x18 (SMEP)
> >
> > (from memory)
>
> This is (I guess) the kernel jumping through a NULL function pointer.

The problem is with:

options 	PCKBD_CNATTACH_MAY_FAIL

The option was commented out in my config.

That (my keyboard is USB) I will not have a keyboard during the boot
process, without the option, OK. But that it crashes...

Obviously this "option" is not an option anymore so it should be on and
not settable---unless someone can find why it crashes now, from 8.2,
while it didn't before (the framebuffer and related support seems to
be now a lot of code so the culprit is probably to be found there).

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/