Re: Logging a kernel message when blocking on entropy

On Tue, 29 Sep 2020 11:09:25 +0300, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:
> I have now committed the code to log the message, without rate
> limiting.  If a consensus should arise that rate limiting the message
> is a good idea, the code to do that should be committed by someone in
> favor of it.

I have seen kernel subsystems spam the console to the point of making
it unusable, which can get quite awkward on production machines.

While I don't know if this is a relevant scenario for your change,
declaring it "somebody else's problem" has a funny ring.

Cheerio,
Hauke

--
Hauke Fath                        <hauke%Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE@localhost>