Re: Logging a kernel message when blocking on entropy

nia wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 02:32:23PM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > OK, so the printf should never happen when the system has been properly
> > configured. In this case I have no objection.
>
> No, it will happen frequently in VMs and on non-recent-x86 hardware.

The cases of processes blocking on randomness we tend to see reports
about are pkgsrc builds and web browsers.  Since entropy does not run
out in -current as already discussed on this list, each hanging pkgsrc
build or web browser will cause the message to be logged exactly once.
How often do they hang for you?

If PR 55659 is fixed, there will be more cases where the message is
logged (at least ssh-keyegn), but still only one per blocking process.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost