Re: Sample boot.cfg for upgraded systems (rndseed & friends)

David Brownlee <abs%absd.org@localhost> writes:

> What would people think of installing an original copy of the etc set
> in /usr/share/examples/etc or similar - its 4.9M extracted and ~500K
> compressed and the ability to compare what is on the system to what it
> was shipped with would have saved me so much effort over the years :)

I personally unpack etc and xetc to /usr/netbsd-etc via the
INSTALL-NetBSD update script in etcmanage.  I would not be super keen on
adding a full etc by default, especially because then there's the issue
of managing it for upgrades.   But if it is unpacked someplace, and
updated on updates, and old files removed on updates via postinstall
fix, maybe.