Re: Sample boot.cfg for upgraded systems (rndseed & friends)

On Tue, 22 Sep 2020 at 18:02, Jonathan A. Kollasch
<jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 22, 2020 at 05:53:49PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> > Should NetBSD be shipping a default boot.cfg in /usr/share/examples
> > (*) - thinking primarily of people who have upgraded from earlier
> > NetBSD versions.
> >
> > I was looking to add in rndseed & just generally sync with the latest
> > version but there doesn't seem to be a default example shipped with
> > the system
> >

> /boot.cfg is already shipped as part of the 'etc' set, and is handled by
> etcupdate(8) like any other configuration file.

Ah, thanks, excellent... then I have a different question :-p

What would people think of installing an original copy of the etc set
in /usr/share/examples/etc or similar - its 4.9M extracted and ~500K
compressed and the ability to compare what is on the system to what it
was shipped with would have saved me so much effort over the years :)

David