Re: Proposal to enable WAPBL by default for 10.0

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 11:24:16PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
 > I propose to enable WAPBL ("log" in fstab(5)) by default for 10.0 and newer.
 > [...]
 >
 > Rationale: the default filesystem (FFS) without WAPBL is more prone to
 > data loss.

It is not, unfortunately. We had WAPBL on by default some time back
and eventually switched it off.

The problem is that because it still doesn't do anything about
journaling or preserving file contents, but runs a lot faster, it
loses more data when interrupted.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost