Re: sys/idtype.h unused enumeration values

On 19.05.2020 08:38, Robert Elz wrote:
>     Date:        Mon, 18 May 2020 21:11:36 +0200
>     From:        Kamil Rytarowski <n54%gmx.com@localhost>
>
>   | Next, I can add my value at the end of list (and before _P_MAXIDTYPE).
>
> Other than this, everything that you propose is pointless.   This one
> you can do (assuming of course that there is a good reason for your new
> entry, but there's no reason to doubt that now.)

Rationale for pointless?

My points were:

 - Clobbering OS that claims the goals of clean design and clean code
with mutant alien bodies without counterparts in the native kernel,
without request from any relevant standard body.

 - Collecting garbage in public headers that is unused, misleading and
can at best be dummy.

 - Not know any public users. Extremely unlikely to have any private ones.

But as there is insist on keeping that mutant clobber around as it
formally leaked into ABI (even if very unlikely to have any single user
ever), it's better to implement project identifiers and the other kernel
components so this can be meaningful.