Re: KAUTH_SYSTEM_UNENCRYPTED_SWAP

martin%duskware.de@localhost (Martin Husemann) writes:

>I agree with both. Leave it an admin decision (and maybe default to
>"encrypt"). Also assume that it is possible to complete enough of /etc/rc.d
>without any swapping ;-} so a simple setting in /etc/sysctl.conf will do.

If you don't allow to disable encryption, the code could be simplified to
not track encrypted and non-ecnrypted parts of the swap. Instead the
setting should be fixed before swap is enabled. Otherwise you still end
with unencrypted bits in the swap partition.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost