Re: KAUTH_SYSTEM_UNENCRYPTED_SWAP

>> Always encrypted swap would be even better but ... slow machines.
> Compared to the time required to put the pages out to disk?

That comparison is relevant only if the system has nothing better to do
than wait for the page out/in.  A few systems probably don't.  Most, I
suspect, do, and if there _is_ something else the CPU could usefully be
doing, I suspect spending the (scarce) cycles there is preferable.

At least for most systems.  There certainly is a place for allowing the
admin to insist on encrypted swap even on slow machines.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign