Re: Proposal: Remove filemon(4); switch make meta to ktrace

>> [%] If there is any - man.netbsd.org has been improved to the point
>>     where it won't talk to me.
> Just curious, what do you mean by this?  Do you mean that your web
> browser does not support HTTPS?

Yes.  I neither have nor want HTTPS support.  I do nothing on the Web
for which HTTPS is appropriate or even, except in the pragmatic sense
of "somke webservers won't serve content to you without it", helpful.
And, on some of my machines - including the ones I'm using on most of
the relatively rare occasions when I try to use the Web - the CPU cost
is significant.  (They're SPARCstation-20s.)

Twice, I have tried to add HTTPS support to the lynx I use.  On each
occasion, I got something like four levels deep in yak shaving before
running into something ridiculously heavyweight for the end goal, like
perl, and dropping the project.

Someday I may pull together the round tuits to build an HTTPS
implementation suitable for my purposes, but there are at least three
reasons its priority is well below most of the other 131 things on my
TODO list.  (1, I don't really have all that much use for it; 2, it's a
distateful paradigm in at least two ways; 3, I have the (maybe false?)
impression that it involves at least a few pay-to-play "standards".
Oh, and 4, it's far more of a moving target than I'd like.)

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign