Re: fd-passing (mis)behaviour: confirm/refute?

mouse%netbsd.org@localhost writes:

>Could I possibly get you to ktrace it or some such to find out what's
>making it die?  (Warning, unless it exits very soon after startup, it
>will probably produce a lot of ktrace data.)

One process gets a SIGPIPE.

 25570      1 unfdstress CALL  write(0xb,0x11e14,0xa)
 25570      1 unfdstress RET   write -1 errno 32 Broken pipe
 25570      1 unfdstress PSIG  SIGPIPE SIG_DFL: code=SI_NOINFO

That is the first testwrite() ever done.

Before that, everything is fighting to synchronize and most
sendmsg() and write() fail with ENOBUFS.

You can find the complete ktrace here:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/mlelstv/ktrace.out.gz

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost