Re: modules item #14 revisited

On Sun, 8 Dec 2019, Andrew Doran wrote:

Note that i386 includes an additional set of modules for Xen PAE.

This was something that Manuel and I originally disagreed on.  I wanted x86
native & Xen to share modules but I don't have a strong opinion on it any
more.

While working on the [pgoyette-compat] stuff last year I discovered
that our current building of xen-variant modules doesn't really work
that well.  In particular, we don't generally #include all the right
xen-related headers.  And even when we do, we don't always get them
in the right order.

I don't remember all the details any more. (I did (briefly) mention the issue to christos@ at the time, but didn't save the emails.)

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:     |
| (Retired)          | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul%whooppee.com@localhost     |
| Software Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%netbsd.org@localhost   |