Re: x86 bootstrap features

>> And last question; should we have a build-time check that
>> pxeboot_ia32.bin is smaller than 64 kB?

I recall, once, reading of someone who had packed some kind of CLI into
an incredibly small space by realizing that speed was pretty close to
the last consideration and had written it in an interpreted custom DSL
written in an interpreted custom DSL.

Perhaps the booters could be set up similarly (perhaps not quite to
that extent, but something along thoe those lines)?  It seems to me
that they are another case where speed is distinctly secondary to size.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign