re: x86 bootstrap features

Emmanuel Dreyfus writes:
> Generally speaking, does anyone see any usage fpr GPT and RAIDframe
> support, or multiboot 2 support for dosboot, pxeboot and netboot? If
> not, we could disable the features for that boostraps, which would
> save space for later.

i use raidframe and gpt with pxeboot.  i'm not sure i get the
usefulness of multiboot in pxeboot, but perhaps just need to
know about the missing link.

> And last question; should we have a build-time check that pxeboot_ia32.bin
> is smaller than 64 kB?

more research with more systems would be good here, but perhaps
we simply need to provide multiple versions of each style (eg,
netboot + something, biosboot + something, etc.)

this sucks, though.

it would be great if someone looked at removing as much code
here as possible -- growth shouldn't be that much for good
long time once it works sanely with current systems.

.mrg.