Re: NCHNAMLEN vnode cache limitation removal

> [...], because fexecve is causing rumbles about doing significantly
> more reverse lookups.

Why is everyone so concerned about finding "the" name of an inode, or
indeed any name for an inode?  As far as I can tell there has never
been any promise that any given inode has any names pointing to it, at
least not unless it's got no other references to it (in which case it
would be freed if it had no names).

Given the list of smart people I've seen discussing this, I'm
presumably just missing something, but what?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign