Re: bounty for fsck_udf(8) for shared disks

Hello Reinoud,

On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 03:12:12PM +0200, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:
> Hi Thierry,
>
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 12:19:11PM +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
> > So I'd like to see the good work made by Reinoud Zandijk put a step
> > further with a robust fsck_udf(8) for using indeed UDF with non optical
> > disks.
>
> I've started fsck_udf by first refactoring newfs_udf, makefs -t udf to use a
> common core that i would like to use with fsck_udf for its patch-up work.
>
> I presume you format the discs for UDF v2.01? UDF v2.50 doesn't have the
> support for resizing the metadata partition yet, so better use UDF v2.01 for
> now, the default.
>
> I'll try to tackle fsck_udf for UDF v2.01 on discs first then, next to
> recordable media.

Thanks for the very good work you have already done! (It is the most
advanced support amongst BSDs if I'm not mistaken.)

Yes I use v2.01 by default (Windows uses this too) and it works
quite well and IMHO this is the best "portable" format that should be
encouraged.

Thanks for tackling this! and if the NetBSD foundation wants to
sollicite me for some extra donation and to allow you to devote some
time on it, I'm OK.

Best regards,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/