bounty for fsck_udf(8) for shared disks

Hello,

Context: I have a NetBSD fileserver serving files to mainly various
MS/Windows nodes and some NetBSD ones. The fileserver is making also
various backups among which, in order to plan for disaster, one backup
is made on USB removable disks that have to be directly readable by
Windows nodes so that work could continue even if the fileserver
was totally inaccessible for some time.

I have been using UDF for removable USB disks shared with MS/Windows
and, if the GPT partitioning is done according to MS/Windows
expectations (or simply done initially under MS/Windows) it
works more satisfactorily than trying to use ntfs-3g (that is even
not available for NetBSD 8.x since the modification of fuse or
refuse or whatever it depends upon), this latter being particularily
slow.

And since UDF is an open specification, it should be preferred.

The principle lack is that of fsck_udf(8). I had a problem (due more to
USB I think than UDF) and I had to recover the disk with MS/Windows
chkdsk on the command line; NetBSD was unable to recover it.

So I'd like to see the good work made by Reinoud Zandijk put a step
further with a robust fsck_udf(8) for using indeed UDF with non optical
disks.

I'm willing to donate some money to support the effort.

Best,
                     http://www.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/