Re: Things not referenced in kernel configs, but mentioned in files.*

On Nov 13,  7:33am, Jason Thorpe wrote:
} > On Nov 13, 2018, at 7:15 AM, John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost> wrote:
} >
} >     That's a different kind of unusable.  :-)  That puts it in
} > the same camp as strip, where there may be functioning hardware,
} > but you can't do anything with the hardware.
}
} ...and when you can't do anything with the hardware, people don't use
} (i.e. "test by dogfooding") the drivers, which leads to bit rot and
} maintenance headaches.

     As I noted, it's not quite the same.  Assuming that our ISDN
stack was capable of acting as "network" side, you could have used
it in a back-to-back configuration.  Granted, that's probably not
very interesting except for special circumstances.  It's my
understanding, which may be incorrect, that strip required a central
node, and without that you couldn't do anything.

}-- End of excerpt from Jason Thorpe