Re: ./build.sh -k feature request (was Re: GENERIC Kernel Build errors with -fsanitize=undefined option enabled)

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 10:44:36PM +0200, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> I propose to ensure that MAKEFLAGS is possible to be set from a command
> line, from the ./build.sh command line using -V.
>
> The build process has various stages and after a single failure there
> can be false positives in next reports. I wouldn't use it personally.

I agree, we should not support this - the build is complex enough.
Build failures are rare and I don't see why this option would give any
significant benefit.

If you are developing something in a subsystem (so build failures would
happen more often), you are better off running make manually anyway
(and it is easy to do for most parts).

Martin