Re: Call for testers - Audio improvements for NetBSD 8.1

    Date:        Sat, 23 Jun 2018 13:28:31 +0200
    From:        Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>

  | because AFAIR the softint infrastructure uses bitmasks, and the
  | bitmask is of finite size.

So just an implementation issue - seems like we need a double level
bitmask, one to say which others have bits set - then we can have
lots and lots of them...

With care with ordering of sets and clears, and an expectation that a
set bit in the upper level bitmask does not promise a set bit will be found
in the indicated lower one (and when that happens, just leave it all alone)
the whole thing can probably be managed with no extra locking than is
there now.

kre