Re: i2c and indirect vs. direct config

> On Jun 6, 2018, at 10:21 AM, Jason Thorpe <thorpej%me.com@localhost> wrote:
>
> Turns out there are quite a few bugs in the bcm2835 i2c driver as well, that tripped up my testing, so I’m going to have to spend a few more evenings on it, sigh.

Well, I managed a minimal change to prevent the infinite loop I was seeing from happening.  (I’ll overhaul the bvm2835 i2c driver some other time.)

So, my i2c configuration changes now seem to work correctly on my test platform (Raspberry Pi B+ v1.2, with 2 i2c devices — a DS3231 RTC and a TSL2561 Lux sensor).  I have an i2c PWM controller that I’ll be adding soon, but I don’t expect any problems.

If there aren’t any objections, I’ll go ahead and check this stuff in (including a back-out of the kernel config file changes that pinned the i2c device pspecs).

-- thorpej