Re: i2c and indirect vs. direct config

Hello,

On Wed, 30 May 2018 09:47:33 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost> wrote:

> Sometimes in a OF machine there are additional i2c controllers/buses,
> about which the firmware does know nothing. We used to use indirect
> config for those buses. We could, instead, have probed this from
> userland once and hardcoded a patch to the OF device tree.

I kinda do this on macppc - CUDA can have an i2c-bus which doesn't show
up in OF and which in some cases ( beige G3 for example ) has useful
devices on it. For those we can infer their presence from other data in
the OF tree, so  the cuda driver just generates appropriate entries for
direct config.

have fun
Michael