Re: CVS commit: src/sys/dev/pci

On Thu, May 17, 2018 at 12:01:30PM -0500, Jonathan A. Kollasch wrote:
> On Wed, May 16, 2018 at 01:45:36PM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:
> >

> > > On May 16, 2018, at 1:07 PM, Jonathan A. Kollasch <jakllsch%kollasch.net@localhost> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'm a bit uneasy about it myself for that same reason.  However, we
> > > do not to my knowledge have the infrastructure available to do a
> > > complete validation of the resource assignment.  If we did, we'd be
> > > able to do hot attach of PCIe ExpressCard with just a little more work.
> >

> > We used to have something like this to support CardBus way back in the day, but I will admit I wasn’t entirely happy with it at the time.
>
> rbus?  That's still around, and it's still ugly and doesn't always work.

I have some patches where I had begun to unify CardBus and PCI I/O- &
memory-space management using vmem(9).  The patches have probably rotted
since I stopped working on them 5+ years ago, but it might be easier to
fix them than to start from scratch.  If you want to take this on, I
will try to scare up the patches.

Dave

--
David Young