Re: compat code function pointers

On Tue, 20 Mar 2018, Martin Husemann wrote:

On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 05:55:58PM +0000, David Holland wrote:
On Mon, Mar 19, 2018 at 08:35:11AM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> That's a good idea, but it is more complicated that what we do now, and does
> not solve the problem for things like NTP or COMPAT_BSDPTY or SYSV_*.

COMPAT_BSDPTY at least should be its own module anyway.

I'd argue that it should NOT be available as module at all, but work only
when build into the kernel.

It is only usefull for installers and similar very limited setups and
dangerous in general (or am I misrembering?)

I don't know about the functionality or breadth of useability, but only that it seems to be included in quite a few "standard" kernel configs...

| Paul Goyette     | PGP Key fingerprint:     | E-mail addresses:          |
| (Retired)        | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee dot com   |
| Kernel Developer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette at netbsd dot org |