Re: compat code function pointers

On Sun, Mar 18, 2018 at 09:00:06PM -0400, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> The question came up where to store the function pointers for device
> drivers that are not always present in the kernel.

Is that for pseudo devices and compat ioctl handling?

I wonder if an indirect aproach would be better:

Call something like:

  bool
  dev_register_compat(compat_code_func_t *new_fp, enum COMPAT_FP_TYPE typ);

and

  bool
  dev_unregister_compat(compat_code_func_t *new_fp, enum COMPAT_FP_TYPE typ);

and then go over alldevs (or whatever), or have a special list where devices
supporting some compat register themselves.

Martin