Re: Bunch of bugs reported by Ilja van Sprundel

So,

- Didn't communicate that there's a breaking change in 7.1.1 to people
  building packages
- Wasn't obvious to users who incrementally update, only new.
- Once communicated, another issue: we lack resources, but don't want to
  abandon the old branch. That's misplaced priorities IMO.

I guess I'll try to build packages for 7.1.1 on my machine and move
things around. No time for the next few days though.