Re: Bunch of bugs reported by Ilja van Sprundel

On 29.01.2018 22:01, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 29, 2018 at 09:58:16PM +0100, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
>> Another point is to set a rule that ABI is stable between patch versions
>> and binary packages (prebuilt software) still works as-is. I'm observing
>> now users who abandon researching this OS just because a patch version
>> of kerberos is not compatible with existing packages.
>
> This is wrong. It's not a patch version, but a different minor release.
>
> Joerg

Right, and we push broken packages to users:

lrwxrwxr-x   1 bouyer    netbsd     3 Mar 15  2017 7.1 -> 7.0

http://cdn.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/amd64/

Assuming that we don't have resources / interest to build proper
packages it might be better to revise this state and improve the
situation. (My proposal is to abandon minor releases. Abandon CAs in
favor of frequent patch releases.)