Re: BUFQ_READPRIO & BUFQ_PRIOCSCAN

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 10:37:51PM +0000, Sevan Janiyan wrote:

> > A different question of course is what strategy helps under what kind of
> > disk load.
>
> What options are there for gathering statistics??

You can run high-level tasks like untarring archives or running a system
build, or more synthetic workloads like iozone.

But when I look at the comparison of Linux I/O schedulers I wouldn't expect
significant differences. It's usually only edge cases where different
strategies matter.

--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost