Re: New line discipline flag to prevent userland open/close of the device

>> Now for those devices we definitively do not want userland access to
>> the com device.  This would be pretty easy if we add another flag to
>> the tty line disciplines t_state member, like TS_NO_USER_OPEN.

>> Does that sound good? Other suggestions?

Not directly relevant to everyone, and not often even for me, but I
have had a few occasions when I spoke to the underlying serial port
because I wanted to send something to the keyboard that the driver
either didn't know how to send or refused to send (eg, to turn off a
bell that the driver thinks it already turned off, but the keyboard is,
for whatever reason, still sounding).

Disabling user opens, by any means, would make such things
significantly more difficult.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign