Re: Proposal: Disable autoload of compat_xyz modules

Le 03/08/2017 à 04:25, David Holland a écrit :
On Wed, Aug 02, 2017 at 08:52:15PM +0200, Maxime Villard wrote:
  > [stuff]

If you insist on going on delete/disable sprees without discussing
beforehand, can you at least, when doing these, go through and make
sure the things you've removed don't leave behind dangling hooks in
the main kernel?

Or if they do, at least try to identify them?

There was a namei special case in COMPAT_SVR4, and I'm not
particularly unhappy to see the end of it, but I can't imagine it was
the only such thing we're carrying around.

That's an unrelated discussion, but:

Which place are you referring to? While it is clear that many pieces of
compat_svr4 are spread around the tree, it didn't seem to me that they were
specific to the i386 parts I removed. If they are not, there is no reason to
remove them, since they are certainly needed on sparc/sparc64.

Otherwise if you've identified remaining lurking pieces, feel free to tell me
about it - I obviously I'm not interested in letting dead code around.

Maxime