Re: DISKLABEL_EI option for system with MBR

dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost (David Holland) writes:

>On Sun, Feb 12, 2017 at 11:06:35AM +0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> > 5. Does the current FFS_EI allow for creation of opposite-endian
> >    file systems?  I don't see any endian option for newfs(8).

>Not that I know of. Also, based on things I saw when hacking lfs last
>year (all of which got fixed), I wouldn't rely on FFS_EI until someone
>gives it a good thorough audit, preferably with some kind of automated
>checking tool.

FFS_EI works fine. I regularly exchange disk images between amd64 (host,
little endian) and amiga (emulated guest, big endian). Obviously that's
no audit.

You could re-run the atf filesystem tests on opposite endian images.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost