Re: DISKLABEL_EI option for system with MBR

rokuyama%rk.phys.keio.ac.jp@localhost (Rin Okuyama) writes:

>The patch attached to tech-kern/51208 adds DISKLABEL_EI option for ports
>using MBR. By this option, the system can mount the disk (image) written
>in the different byte order. This should be useful for cross building.
>For bi-endian architectures, like evbarm, the little and big endian
>partitions can share a same disk by this option.

I agree, but this may also confuse people when suddenly an existing
disklabel gets recognized.

N.B. the same is true when you enable wedges for bsdlabel. The discovery
code detects labels with either endianess.

Saying that, why limit it to platforms using MBR?

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost