Re: Updatding mtime on truncating zero sized files

    Date:        Sun, 1 Jan 2017 21:56:39 +0100
    From:        Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>

  | Not updating mtime may have some justification in this case, but we better
  | check standards and avoid being the odd one out for no real good reason.

The file locking is irrelevant, that accomplishes nothing in the test, but
posix says:

	If O_TRUNC is set and the file did previously exist, upon successful
	completion, open( ) shall mark for update the last data modification
	and last file status change timestamps of the file.

so even though nothing in the (empty) file is changed by the O_TRUNC the
mod time is supposed to be updated.   Will look...

kre