spurious DIAGNOSTIC message "no disk label"

On a sparc64 machine (so using dev/sun/sunlabel.c) but using GPT on anything
but the boot device I get spurious kernel messages that I would like to
avoid:

# mount -o async,discard /dev/dk1 /mnt
wd0: no disk label
wd0: no disk label
wd0: no disk label
#

The wedge dk1 lives on wd0, wd0 only has a GPT.

The message is returned from readdisklabel (I think) and printed by
dk_getlabel if DKF_WARNLABEL is set (which is done at attach time in
DIAGNOSTIC kernels).

It is not clear to me why we call dk_getlabel that often and whether this
message would make any sense ever more than once (or in my use case ever at
all).

Martin