Re: FUA and TCQ

bqt%softjar.se@localhost (Johnny Billquist) writes:

>Good point. In which case (if I read you right), it's not the reordering
>that matters, but the simple case of being able to queue up several
>operations, to keep the disk busy.

For sequential reading we are currently limited to 8 operations in
flight (uvm readahead). This is less an issue for local disks, but
it has a big impact on ISCSI. But it also makes reading through the
filesystem faster than reading from the raw disk device.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost