Re: GSoC-2016

Hello,

sir, I am still struggling with htree index directory write support. The problem that I am facing currently is in  reading a directory file before writing a new entry. During reading a directory, for validating purpose kernel calls ext2fs_dirbadentry(). Issues were following:
1. By giving certain printfs I got to know that actual length of filename and e2d_namlen doesnot match.
2. For some files their partial names is only saved ( like a entry has file name "newf" which is supposed to be "newfile10") .
3. And at the end ext2fs_dirbadentry() fail to validate an entry ( file  Name- "yyyy"  and inode no - some big number. other details is in the attached pic)

might be problem is due to bad writing of entries by my htree directory code which has corrupted the entire directory structure. I am trying creating a new file-system disc image during each testing phase.

Another thing is I might consider building kernel by commenting DIAGNOSTIC in kernel configuration file which may avoid full validation check. But again its not the solution.

Any suggestion will be helpful

thanks
Hrishikesh