Re: GSoC-2016

Hello all,

I think, I have a fundamental doubt in implementing tunefs. Is the task contain only that changing a right bit in e2fs_features_compat (or  e2fs_features_rocompat or e2fs_features_incompat), and the filesystem will itself take care everywhere, about the feature based on the value of bit. For example, if I supposed to turn off journaling in Ext4fs. then, will it be enough, just to set/reset the 4th LSB  in s2fs_features_compat field( 32 bits at address 0x5C) of super block?  Will all the code based on journal be depending on value of this field in superblock? If yes then, Is it true for all implementations of ext4( independent of OS) ?

thanks
Hrishikesh