Re: wm0 stopped receiving after mpt0 timeout recovery

On 2016/07/05 1:40, Edgar Fuß wrote:
wm0 seem to fail permanently whenever it's interrupts aren't serviced
for some time.
For which value of ``permanently''? Do I need to buy a new NIC [Fe]?
Does something like ifconfig up/down help?

The mpt recovery code (like e.g. the wd recovery code) can keep the machine
on a high level interrupt level for some time, locking out wm interrupts.
Looking into how to fix it, I don't see where it does that. mpt_timeout()
calls mpt_intr(), which is just the same routine as passed to
pci_intr_establish(). So I don't seee the recovery (I'm talking of the ``see
if something happened with no interrupt'' recovery, not my more elaborate
recovery soft-resetting the IOC (a variant of which buhrow@ committed so it's
in 7) locking out interrupts any longer than a normal interrupt service will.

Please show the full dmesg.

                SAITOH Masanobu (msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost
                                 msaitoh%netbsd.org@localhost)